Skip to main content

After The Nadir Of Despondency

“I don’t know whether I will be back or not.” he said and planted a gentle kiss on my forehead.

Rubbing my sleepy eyes and taking things for granted, as I knew papa would be back, I did not take his words seriously and went back to my dreamland as soon as they left.

FEW WEEKS LATER:

I woke up to the ringing of my elder sister’s phone in the early morning and overheard her conversation. I could only understand that we were asked to reach for the airport and take the first flight to New Delhi. I knew he wasn’t well. I reached there and met my uncle who had come to receive us. I tried to read his eyes which were slightly red and he looked tired. Things were pretty normal; I sighed.

Just when we were about to reach the hospital, my sister said to me,

“He is no more.”

“What?” I almost screamed in a shock.

My uncle turned back to as what the matter was and we kept mum. No, I did not believe it and I, at least for once, expected and wished to meet him.

As I reached the hospital, I saw my family, extended family and family friends out there. Those teary eyes and voices choking with emotions narrated the whole story. Crying was a reflex reaction to that situation but we were asked to be strong. Everything was normal, the sun was shining and birds were chirping, people were busy with their works, there was hustle and bustle all around me but a silence started building inside me. A yearn for one last meeting was amplifying every second. My whole life started flashing in front of my eyes leaving me numb because I knew it was not going to be the same again. The one who showed me the right path, guided me, scolded me and cared for me disappeared from my life forever. I was not even going to listen to his voice ever. I guess death is the only “forever” thing in this ephemeral life. I have not witnessed a thing as “forever” as death.

“We can overcome the situation together. We all have to help each other overcome it. He will always be remembered and will remain with us; we need to accept he won’t be present physically with us.” said my grandfather and narrated a few stories of his eldest child’s childhood. In his eyes, I could see some kind of invincible strength and hope along with love and pain. He patted on my back and told me that he had seen death closely and how time flies. He added that he has lost his parents, uncles and all others he grew up with and yet he is going with the flow of life and this the only option we are left with. I knew this was the worst day of life but he taught me that this was not the end. Life has to go on; it does not mean that the departed soul will be forgotten. There was optimism in his words that made me believe that a dark night is always followed by a bright morning. The nadir of despondency is the point in life where God prepares you for a soaring flight.

This post is for Housing.com.

Comments

  1. Exactly I don't know how hard for you all to believe that he is not with us but still I'll say the day you'll be at the top most height's in your life, he 'll surely be the most happiest star ๐ŸŒŸ of all the existing galaxy.. !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

17 Missed Calls

"When you kissed me the last time and we, or at least I, didn't know that it was the last time, I didn't kiss you enough. I thought I had a lifetime to do so, I took you for granted. Then, I used to think that it was my faith in our love that makes me believe in our forever, but, we all knew about the inevitability of ephemerals. I wish I would have, everytime, kissed you like it was the last time. That way, may be, it would have had hurt less when you left, may be I would not have had regrets of not loving you enough. Now, that we look at each other and feel nothing, I yearn for the part of me you took away with you, and, left behind a bottomless abyss of emptiness. To say, I felt empty, curling under my blanket, pressing my palm against my face and wailing in agony to not let any part of my reality escape the little world I had created under my blanket, far away from the real world. The real world didn't please me anymore, for there was no you in it. But, this emptin

Slut In Your Eyes!

Don't talk to me about the stars I'll tell you how real darkness is I don't believe in your kind of love I have traded my soul for peace Spent nights in arms of my ephemerals Woke up alone to sunrise I opened myself up like a book To be loved for a night. I have been loved so wrong In wanting to be loved right Like a hotel for travellers on a lonely road Nobody to stay here for a longer while That's how I survive this life Being a slut in your eyes. More power to the all the sluts Who are deeper than breasts and butts You have been judged and tagged And still live like you don't care But, when night envelopes the sky And you try try and try You crawl for that love, for that guy Who leaves you in the morning to just cry Wearing a makeup to hide everything And being mocked by filthy beings Nights to days, days to nights Hoping and believing guys' lies But you, my slut, shouldn't be the one to cry Paying a price, suffering and hu

Demons, As They Rise Again!

Tonight I'm again sinking in myself, Seeing my life turn to ashes. My face wears a blanket of calmness, And soul depreciating with turbulence. Tonight, again my mind is getting louder, I feel like being ripped off my shelter. I'll walk the alley that leads to the end, Take a U-t urn, before the final descent. Tonight again I'll cry till my tears are dry, Like a lifeless heap of flesh n blood, I would lie. The pain of living in every breath I inhale, Giving up on life with every breath I exhale. Tonight I would again want to slit my vein, Perhaps hang myself or jump to ease the pain. I am letting the demons overpower me, Too weak to fight, I am succumbing. Tonight it's going to be dark and obsequious, But, I'll make it through, like I have been doing for years. Although I feel I like I shouldn't try anymore, Yet, I know that I am worth fighting for! Tonight again it's a battle in my head, Either way I lose, part of me will be dead. Not t