Skip to main content

Fear- Tame It, Not Blame It

Fear is man's greatest enemy of all times. Not that the brave do not fear a thing but they tame it. Fear, like all other emotion is inevitable but not invincible. It can be defeated and conquered! But, if not tamed, fear will tame you and that's what precedes cascading failures in life. It is precarious for life.

Imagine the spider which tried and tried and tried to mount a wall inspite of falling again and again; had it been a pusillanimous creature, we would not have had learnt the lesson of 'try, try and try again'. If it had given up then, we would have never known its story.

The MountainDew ad rightly says that 'darr sabko lagta hai' and it very well shows the essence of facing it. You never know what lies on the other side of the wall of fear. Obviously I do not endorse drinking of a particular drink to tame fear but I insist everyone never to give up due to fear.

Fear comes basically from two things- changing what exists since long, and, the other comes from trying something new. We tend to be apprehensive if given to change something. We fear adapting to changes and also fear experimenting and trying something new. These keep us from all the goods in life. The right way to live life is domesticating this feeling and transforming it to be a new motivation. Yes, fear can be a motivation if we are willing enough to face it.

If the kid who is afraid of the exams refuse to take the exam because of his fear then he can never prosper in life. He can never take any exam if he can't face the fear! But if he faces it then what lies ahead is certainly more beautiful than the present scenario.

Shreya was an ebullient girl who was in a relationship with Raj since three years; but, of late, Raj had changed a lot, changed to an extent where disrespecting Shreya was no less than his pass time. She knew it all but spoke nothing because she feared that he would leave her. She feared that everything would change drastically and she was pretty sure that what would follow next would be miserable. Sad? Isn't it? We tend to assume things out of fear and blame life for the misfortune. This is why I press you to tame your fear. Tame it and not blame it.

Imagine a group of farmers who protest use of scientific method of farming without even exploring it in fear of uncertain misfortune. What if it can change their life for good in a better way?

Fear keeps us deprived of certain opportunities and it is rightly said that fear is our greatest enemy because it remains within us, breathing and growing inside us. We must not feed fear with low self confidence but fight it with confidence as our weapon.

Lastly, fear does not make you coward, not facing it does. Just like love, hatred, apprehension, etc , fear too is a part of our emotions but do not let it decide for you. Keep going on, always face it.

This is my attempt to fight the writer's block. I thank Divya for giving me this topic to write. If you too want to overcome writer's block:

Join in the facebook group- 'Unblocking Writer's Block'

#1000wordsmarathon #UnblockingWritersBlock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slut In Your Eyes!

Don't talk to me about the stars I'll tell you how real darkness is I don't believe in your kind of love I have traded my soul for peace Spent nights in arms of my ephemerals Woke up alone to sunrise I opened myself up like a book To be loved for a night. I have been loved so wrong In wanting to be loved right Like a hotel for travellers on a lonely road Nobody to stay here for a longer while That's how I survive this life Being a slut in your eyes. More power to the all the sluts Who are deeper than breasts and butts You have been judged and tagged And still live like you don't care But, when night envelopes the sky And you try try and try You crawl for that love, for that guy Who leaves you in the morning to just cry Wearing a makeup to hide everything And being mocked by filthy beings Nights to days, days to nights Hoping and believing guys' lies But you, my slut, shouldn't be the one to cry Paying a price, suffering and hu

17 Missed Calls

"When you kissed me the last time and we, or at least I, didn't know that it was the last time, I didn't kiss you enough. I thought I had a lifetime to do so, I took you for granted. Then, I used to think that it was my faith in our love that makes me believe in our forever, but, we all knew about the inevitability of ephemerals. I wish I would have, everytime, kissed you like it was the last time. That way, may be, it would have had hurt less when you left, may be I would not have had regrets of not loving you enough. Now, that we look at each other and feel nothing, I yearn for the part of me you took away with you, and, left behind a bottomless abyss of emptiness. To say, I felt empty, curling under my blanket, pressing my palm against my face and wailing in agony to not let any part of my reality escape the little world I had created under my blanket, far away from the real world. The real world didn't please me anymore, for there was no you in it. But, this emptin

Demons, As They Rise Again!

Tonight I'm again sinking in myself, Seeing my life turn to ashes. My face wears a blanket of calmness, And soul depreciating with turbulence. Tonight, again my mind is getting louder, I feel like being ripped off my shelter. I'll walk the alley that leads to the end, Take a U-t urn, before the final descent. Tonight again I'll cry till my tears are dry, Like a lifeless heap of flesh n blood, I would lie. The pain of living in every breath I inhale, Giving up on life with every breath I exhale. Tonight I would again want to slit my vein, Perhaps hang myself or jump to ease the pain. I am letting the demons overpower me, Too weak to fight, I am succumbing. Tonight it's going to be dark and obsequious, But, I'll make it through, like I have been doing for years. Although I feel I like I shouldn't try anymore, Yet, I know that I am worth fighting for! Tonight again it's a battle in my head, Either way I lose, part of me will be dead. Not t