Skip to main content

Words Of Healing

That night was a no different night, with me submerging my conscience in music and giving up for the day, putting my weary fake smile aside after a long and exhaustive day. I was tired of doing nothing all the day, even breathing was a laborious task for me to do. I logged in to my facebook account as I knew that sleep was miles away for an insomniac like me.

Scrolling up and down my news feed, I passed my time listening to music and yearning when I saw my stranger friend’s status that I vaguely remember now. All I remember now, he was mourning his friend’s death and tagged hiss mood as “depressed”. Suddenly, waves of compassion rose inside me hitting my conscience and I thought of pinging him.

“Hi!”

“Hi.”

“Hi…”

A few more ‘hi’s from the other end were left unopened and ignored by me. I wondered if he was going to seek vengeance on me by doing the same but this did not refrain me from pinging him.

“Hello, How Are You?” I left a message for him.

Within no time his messaged popped up on my screen, “Hi! I am not that good. What about you?”

I was pretty ashamed knowing that he reverted in the blink of an eye whereas I avoided him all these months.

So, I replied, “I am good. I am sorry that I could not revert back to your messages as I was in no mood to talk to anyone; I am going through a bad phase of life right now. Hope you will understand.”

He was pretty matured enough to understand my situation and our chats escalated. Once we got comfortable with each other, I asked about his friend.

“I had met him day before yesterday and we went for a ride together. I share a lot of memories with him as we belong to the same biking club. He passed away today in an accident. It could have been me today.”

I could sense the emotional upheaval going on inside him. He continued and I did not interrupt him.

“I am still in a shock that the friend whom I had met few hours back has left everyone forever creating a dark absence in our lives forever. I can never hug him again. He is gone forever leaving only memories behind. I can’t imagine the pain he has been through and I wonder if he is listening to me when I cry silently for him.”

I knew what it meant to lose a friend; though his pain was more intense than mine but I could, at least try to, empathize with him. I knew that no matter how many people join the crowd in our lives, they can’t fill the vacancies created by the ones who left. The voidness grows inside us and stretches to infinity. Death of loved ones is the worst one goes through in one’s entire life.

I also knew that sometimes words do the healing; if not healing, at least it works as anesthesia for some time. Knowing what it feels to cry myself to sleep, I wanted to help him tonight. I had no idea how I was going to do that, by being with that new and unknown friend or by my words of compassion; I just did not want him to feel the pain even though I barely knew him. I did that for I knew how painful pain can be.

“I believe that you did not lose him, you gained a guardian angel. You might miss his physical presence but, trust me, he will be with you forever as your angel, guiding and protecting you. He will watch you and so you need not cry and weaken him. Acknowledge his presence, it will make him happy, and don’t be sad. Life is cruel, I know, and we need to accept the change. I am here with you. You can speak to me; it will make you feel better. Actually, this is why I pinged you tonight; I saw your status update.” I tried to soothe his pain.

“You are such a nice girl. I owe you. I am actually feeling better, even smiling now. You have this power of healing. Thank you!” the tone of his message authenticated the fact that I could help him partly, if not fully.

As our chats escalated further and it was almost time for us to sleep as the birds had started chirping, I messaged, “As you said earlier that it could have been you instead of him today, I want you to know that you are important to your friends, including me; and very special to your mother. So, please be careful and take care of yourself. Do not ride too fast.” And I went on and on.

“For the first time in the last few months, I felt so good and special. Thanks again. Actually, like you, I too am going through a bad phase of life since months and these words were really important for me. I feel warm and strong after talking to you; I was going through identity crisis otherwise. After such a long time, I am going to sleep peacefully, like a baby, tonight; otherwise sleeping was just a part of daily routine. God bless you.”

We retired for the night but there started a new saga of friendship. Sometimes all we need is to make people feel special and important to make them believe that they can rise, like the phoenix, again. It was one such moment for him and I was blessed that I did it for him.

One of the secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.- Levi Strauss

“I am participating in the #DilKiDealOnSnapdeal activity at BlogAdda in association with SnapDeal.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

17 Missed Calls

"When you kissed me the last time and we, or at least I, didn't know that it was the last time, I didn't kiss you enough. I thought I had a lifetime to do so, I took you for granted. Then, I used to think that it was my faith in our love that makes me believe in our forever, but, we all knew about the inevitability of ephemerals. I wish I would have, everytime, kissed you like it was the last time. That way, may be, it would have had hurt less when you left, may be I would not have had regrets of not loving you enough. Now, that we look at each other and feel nothing, I yearn for the part of me you took away with you, and, left behind a bottomless abyss of emptiness. To say, I felt empty, curling under my blanket, pressing my palm against my face and wailing in agony to not let any part of my reality escape the little world I had created under my blanket, far away from the real world. The real world didn't please me anymore, for there was no you in it. But, this emptin

Slut In Your Eyes!

Don't talk to me about the stars I'll tell you how real darkness is I don't believe in your kind of love I have traded my soul for peace Spent nights in arms of my ephemerals Woke up alone to sunrise I opened myself up like a book To be loved for a night. I have been loved so wrong In wanting to be loved right Like a hotel for travellers on a lonely road Nobody to stay here for a longer while That's how I survive this life Being a slut in your eyes. More power to the all the sluts Who are deeper than breasts and butts You have been judged and tagged And still live like you don't care But, when night envelopes the sky And you try try and try You crawl for that love, for that guy Who leaves you in the morning to just cry Wearing a makeup to hide everything And being mocked by filthy beings Nights to days, days to nights Hoping and believing guys' lies But you, my slut, shouldn't be the one to cry Paying a price, suffering and hu

Demons, As They Rise Again!

Tonight I'm again sinking in myself, Seeing my life turn to ashes. My face wears a blanket of calmness, And soul depreciating with turbulence. Tonight, again my mind is getting louder, I feel like being ripped off my shelter. I'll walk the alley that leads to the end, Take a U-t urn, before the final descent. Tonight again I'll cry till my tears are dry, Like a lifeless heap of flesh n blood, I would lie. The pain of living in every breath I inhale, Giving up on life with every breath I exhale. Tonight I would again want to slit my vein, Perhaps hang myself or jump to ease the pain. I am letting the demons overpower me, Too weak to fight, I am succumbing. Tonight it's going to be dark and obsequious, But, I'll make it through, like I have been doing for years. Although I feel I like I shouldn't try anymore, Yet, I know that I am worth fighting for! Tonight again it's a battle in my head, Either way I lose, part of me will be dead. Not t