Skip to main content

The Struggling Soul

I stay there mum and numb!
Sitting with my chin on knees curled.
The sky is about to shed tears-
As it sees me wearing fears.
The silence is getting too loud to bear;
And the cold emptiness is making me shiver!

The only thing living in my head is death;
To the Almighty, I'm losing my faith!
Darkness comes crawling and tickles my toe,
The warmth in me is long gone, everyone is a foe.

A black hole of struggle between death and life-
Making my soul weak and curled inside.
They call it strength as it doesn't show on my face,
My soul is indeed succumbing to this weakness.


Comments

  1. Ruchi Rai?
    Mera n rishi jeso ka kya hoga if u start writing so well poetry? Competition? :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just an amateur attempt! Tum log hi toh guru ho! ;) _/\_

      Delete
    2. I agree with Arish. But, then again, I always knew you are going to excel at whatever you do in life. Some poeple are not competition for people like me and Arish. They are at a level much greater than any of us. They are the poeple, rare species indeed, who later turn out to be authors who write classics. So, if you ask me, I wouldn't ever mind getting beaten mercilessly by you in poetries or any other form of writing. :)

      Great poetry by the way. I really enjoyed reading it. :)

      Keep Reading and Writing

      ~RP

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much :) I am just an amateur, attempting to give vent to emotions! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment